TSUS Regents' Student Scholar Program
The purpose of the Texas State University System Regents’ Student Scholar program is to recognize and reward outstanding undergraduate students who have achieved highest honors in academic and co-curricular endeavors while enrolled full-time at a Component institution. Selection as a Regents’ Student Scholar is one of the highest honors a student can receive in the Texas State University System (TSUS), and membership in this prestigious group reflects dedication to academic excellence, leadership, and service.
To be eligible for consideration, you must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time (12+ SCH) undergraduate at Lamar University, a Texas State University System component institution.
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 academic credit hours.
- Must have a minimum 3.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for the previous two long semesters (fall, 2015 and spring, 2015 semesters).
- Must not have been on academic or disciplinary probation at any time while attending Lamar University or any other TSUS component institution.
- Must demonstrate active involvement in co-curricular campus and leadership activities.
- Must be enrolled full-time at Lamar University or another TSUS component institution for at least one long semester following selection as a Regents’ Student Scholar.
Completed application packet, including required attachment, must be submitted to the Dean of your College by Friday, April 1.