Surplus Sealed Bid Sales
No Sale at This Time
- Bidder must comply with all rules, regulations and statutes relating to surplus and salvage property disposal in the State of Texas in addition to the requirements of this form.
- Bids should be submitted on the bid form. Each bid form must include: buyer’s name, phone number, item lot number and the bidder’s signature.
- Late and/or unsigned bids will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Retracting your bid, as a rule, is NOT ALLOWED. See below for the two acceptable reasons for retracting your bid.
- Bids CANNOT be altered or amended after opening time. Lamar University cannot withdraw a bid after the opening time without prior approval and based on an acceptable reason in writing.
- Bidder is urged to inspect the property to be sold prior to submitting a bid. In no case will failure to inspect constitute grounds for the withdrawal of a bid.
- Bid tabulations may be reviewed at Lamar University, Property Management Department in the Shipping and Receiving Building, Room 105.
- High bidder will be notified by telephone.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Lamar University reserves the right to accept or reject all or part of any bid and waive minor technicalities.
- Successful bidders will be notified by telephone.
- Successful bidders will be required to remit payment at time of pick-up of their items. Available times for pick-up are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Call in advance to schedule a time for pick-up.
- Failure to remit payment and remove the items as specified may result in removal from the mailing list.
- Method of payment: Cash (exact amount) or Cashier’s Check. Lamar University employees may pay with a personal check.
- Award Notice: Lamar University reserves the right to make any award on the basis that will serve the best interest of Lamar University.
- Removal: ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED BY 4:30 PM, FIVE DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION OF WINNING BID. Buyer must provide his/her own material handling equipment (dollies, forklifts, etc.). Buyers will not be permitted to use Lamar University property to remove their purchases.
- Waiver to any claims against Lamar University: The successful bidder agrees to waive any claims against Lamar University based upon any defect in articles.
RETRACTING YOUR BID
When you are the successful bidder, you are obligated to pay the high bid price for the item. As a rule, retracting bids is not allowed. Only two reasons are acceptable as to why you may retract your bid.
Acceptable Reasons for Retracting Bids:
- You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount. For instance, you bid $99.95 instead of $9.95.
- You incorrectly listed the wrong item lot number on the bid form.
In either case, you will need to contact Diane Thibodeaux to request a Bid Retraction Form and submit it for review.
Your total number of bid retractions in the past six months is displayed in our data base. Lamar University will thoroughly investigate bid retractions. Abuse of this feature may result in the buyer’s suspension from future Lamar University surplus sales.