Password Self Service allows you to unlock your LEA account if you have forgotten your password and to reset your LEA password.
You will be given your LEA credentials during New Employee Orientation. It is recommended that you register and reset your password in Password Self Service through the myLamar Gateway.
If you have any questions, view Password Self Service FAQs or contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222.
Changing Password for the First Time
- Enter your User Name (exclude “@lea”) and temporary password in the respective fields.
- Next, retain the default setting of BMT in the “Log on to” box and click “Login”.
If you any additional questions, contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LU Email accounts can be accessed by visiting https://lu.lamar.edu directly or by the myLamar Gateway at http://my.lamar.edu.
- Enter you LEA username and password in the respective fields. Please note that you do not need to include the “@lea” in the username.
- New employees are instructed to contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222 to retrieve their new LEA username and password.
If your password does not seem to work, first verify that the CAPS LOCK is not on. Passwords are case sensitive. If you are still unable to log in, your password may have expired. To change your password, visit Password Self Service. (Please note that you will need to register your LEA account before you are able to change the password.)
The temporary password must be changed before logging in to your Lamar email account. To change the temporary password visit the Password Self Service and register your account. Once your account has been registered, you will be able to reset your password.
If you are still experiencing problems with your password, contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222 or by email at email@example.com.
To add your calendar to iCal:
- Start iCal by clicking on the Icon in the applications.
- Click on the iCal menu on the top, and click on preferences.
- Click on the accounts tab in the preferences window.
- Click on the '+' to add an account
- Set your account type to CalDAV User Name: [Your LEA username without '@LEA' ] Password: [Your LEA password] Server address: lu.lamar.edu
- Please click on the Server Settings tab in your account and ensure that "Use SSL" box is checked.
- Close the accounts window and your calendar will populate.
Thunderbird Specific Settings
incoming server: lu.lamar.edu
protocol : IMAP
Use SSL : Yes
Port : 993
outgoing server: lu.lamar.edu
protocol : SMTP
Use SSL : YES
Username:LEA username (without @lea extension)
Supported Mobile Devices
Other devices will work if they support a secure connection. Check with your provider if you are unsure if your phone supports these requirements.
- Droid phones
Incoming/Outgoing Servers for IMAP
Incoming Server: lu.lamar.edu
Use SSL: Yes
Outgoing Server: lu.lamar.edu
Use SSL: YES
You will use your LEA username, without the “@...” and LEA password.
Every time you reset your LEA password you will have to update your phone with the proper credentials.
The Global Address List (GAL) contains information for all users email accounts, university distribution groups, and helpful email resources.
At https://lu.lamar.edu (Web Interface)
- Go to Preferences
- Go to the Address Book tab and make sure all three options are checked.
- Save the changes.
The briefcase facility in Zimbra is an excellent feature to keep your documents portable. However, the web interface limits uploads and downloads to few files at a time. The faster way is to make your briefcase appear as a drive on your Mac.
To do this:
- Click on Finder.
- Click on 'Go' in the menu bar at the top OR press command + k
- For Server Address type: https://lu.lamar.edu/dav//Briefcase
- Enter your LEA username without '@LEA'Enter your LEA password.
Your briefcase will appear like a drive in your finder. You can do anything there as you would normally do on your external drive.