Access Self-Service Banner
Faculty and Staff can access personal and employee information. They both have a “Personal Information” tab and an “Employee” tab. Faculty members have a “Faculty Services” tab with options to manage their classes. Each option is listed in the Main Menu and includes a brief description.
Accessing the Link
Off Campus Access
If you are attempting to access Self-Service Banner from a school district or government office and are unable to log in, please try HERE. On this webpage, select “Enter Secure Area”. If you are still unable to open the web page, you may need to speak with your system administrator.
- Faculty and Staff log in using their Employee / Banner ID number and 6 digit date of birth as the PIN. The date of birth is set up as “mmddyy.” Faculty and Staff ID numbers are located on F3.6 forms. Contact Human Resources at 409.880.8375 for information on how to obtain your ID number.
- You will be asked to create a security question. The security question is a personal question and answer of choice. Once you have set up the security question, you can change it at any time while logged into Self-Service Banner.
Change Security Question
- Log into Self-Service Banner and locate the “Personal Information” tab.
- Select the “Change Security Question” option and edit your personal question and answer.
- Confirm with your PIN and click “Submit.”
For further assistance with changing your security question, click HERE to watch a video.
- Log in to Self-Service Banner.
- Select the “Change Your Pin OR Recover LEA Username and Password” link on the “Personal Information” tab.
- Enter a PIN 6 digits in length.
Log in Errors
“Web Access has been Disabled” Message
- To have your web access enabled, contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222.
“Authorization Failure – Invalid User ID and PIN” Message
- To have your account reset, contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222.
“PIN has expired” Message
- When the PIN has expired, you just need to enter your current PIN number and create a new PIN. The new PIN must consist of 6 digits and cannot be your 6 digit date of birth in "mmddyy" format.
PIN has been reset and I still receive the error “Authorization Failure – Invalid User ID and PIN” Message
- If your PIN has been reset and you are still unable to log in, contact Human Resources at 409.880.8375 to verify your date of birth is correct in the Lamar University system.
View Pay Stubs
Accessing Pay Information
- Log into Self-Service Banner.
- Select the “Employee” tab from the Main Menu.
- Locate and click “Pay Information” to proceed.
- To view your direct deposit allocation, earnings history, pay stub, and other pay information, select the desired link.
Viewing Current and Past Pay Stubs
Once you have logged into Self Service Banner, you can view or print your current and past pay stubs.
- Select the "Employee" tab from the Main Menu.
- Next, select the Pay Information and click "Pay Stub."
- From the drop-down box, select the desired year and click "Display".
- Finally, select the desired Pay Stub Date to view and print.
Change Personal Information
Changing Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email Address
Once you have logged into Self Service Banner, you can update your personal information.
- Select the “Personal Information” tab.
- Select either “Update Addresses or Phones” or “Update Email Address” to proceed.
- Next, select the appropriate address, phone or email type to update.
For further assistance with changing your personal information, click HERE to watch a video.
Changing Name and/or Social Security Number
Online requests for employee name or social security changes are not available. For details and contact information regarding changing personal information, log into Self-Service Banner:
- Select the “Personal Information Tab”.
- Next, select either “Name Change Information” or “Social Security Change Information”.
Employee Tab Contents
The “Employee” tab contains employee information including leave balances, pay information, and tax forms. The online campus directory is also located within this tab.